1. Make 4 pom-poms by following these steps.
A. Cut a 30 cm length of yarn and insert it into the centre of the fork, then hold it with your fingers.
B. Then wrap your yarn around the fork a few times.
C. Then use the 30 cm length of thread to make a knot and use it to attach your pom-pom.
D. Use the scissors to cut through all the loops of yarn.
Psst! The longer the prongs of the fork, the bigger your pom-pom will be!
2. To tie 2 pom-poms together, pass one of the threads of the top pom-pom through the centre of the other pom-pom, then tie a double knot. Cut the tail threads off the top pom-pom.
3. Cut out the stencil for the cone - you can find it on page 20. Then trace the cone in the patterned card stock of your choice. Cut out 2 cones.
4. Form the cone shapes, then secure them using the glue stick.
5. Next, thread the tail threads of your pom-poms through the bottom of the cone. Thread a bead, then tie a knot under it to hold the pom-poms in place.
6. Next thread your hemp thread through the centre of the top pom-pom and then thread some beads. Then make 2 slip knots to form your adjustable necklace, following the 4 steps below.
Everyone loves ice cream in hot weather. Why not wear some around your neck, to feel a bit cooler? You can also use these pretty cones as decorations in your room or as charms on your school bag.
• 4 different coloured yarns
• Patterned card stock
• 2 hemp or cotton cords,
80 cm each
• Glue stick
• Different coloured beads
Share your creations on social media!
“If you haven’t got any patterned card stock, you could use white card and use paint or felt tip pens to colour
it as you wish! ”